Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A huge wall between two worlds


Climbing

Then we left to get the lifts to go to the top of the Great Wall, this reminded me of the few times I have been skiing. When we got to the tip, we decided to carry on climbing until the highest point. From there, the view was fantastic, you really could see everything. Then we went down, then back up, then down again. At one point, I spoke to a Chinese man who lives in Boston. We talked about Boston, NBA, and Obama…Then we went back down towards the exits. Poor Michael was really tired by this point. His mother bought him some sugar cane pieces. Moving forward we came across a magician, who in his black shirt was doing magic tricks for the audience, it was impressive and amusing. Dad bought me two of the tricks and the magician told me the secret of the trick, I was rather disappointed but practised anyways. A bit farther as we continued walking there were some bears being kept in captivity they were big and ate a lot of honey. But I think that they would be better living in the wilderness. This is where we realised that we had gone towards the wrong exit and Michael was not happy, so we took a bus that dropped us off near where the car was parked. On the way back I fell asleep again. When we got back it dawned on me that we had to check into our new hotel room. I thank our friends and helped Dad carry the luggage to room 2322. Dad and I then went to eat in a little restaurant named Hui. People were talking noisily and the kitchen so close, wafting through with the smells of food. The noodles we ate were amazing. Back at the hotel Dad decides to go take some photos and I waited around watching TV whilst the hotel guy tried fixing the internet, but it didn’t work. I watched the Tour de France and the ping-pong for a while, and then I went to sleep.

No comments: