Monday, July 14, 2008

First dialogues


Building together the travel

That day I’m in a deep sleep and dream of happier days. Once my dream over, I understand from inside sleeping that it’s time to wake up. Five minutes later I turn over and realize that the room is empty. I get up to look for dad. To see where he is, I get dressed and decide to see if maybe he’s in a meeting with our « maybe » future assistant. No, actually, he is sitting on a wicker chair with his glasses on his forehead, looking at his computer while writing his texts on a leather notebook and pouring himself tea. I move closer to the table and greet him. He tells me to sit down and continues to drink his tea and has me read his twelve-page text on the plane journey. When he finishes his tea, we go have breakfast. It’s a mix of Chinese and Western food with noodles and eggs on toast or Chinese bread and croissants. I get up, get myself a plate of pineapples and eat them; it’s good, juicy and, under my tongue, I imagine many landscapes.
Dad drank more tea and ate some watermelon; I get up and help myself to some eggs. I eat it in a special way, as I always have when eating sunny-side up eggs. I think it rained in Beijing this afternoon because I broke the yolk of my egg. After breakfast we went to the internet café and check our usual sites. Dad checks his mails, and then I get to check mine. I also have a look at the recent soccer games and results, then I watch my favourite series back home called ‘Plus belle la vie’. I then read Google News. Dad still doesn’t agree that I should watch soccer; he says it is better if I played the sport. He’s right but I think it’s possible to do both.

No comments: