Tuesday, July 15, 2008

On the road to The Great Wall of China


Budget considerations and adventures

On this day we had to get up early to pack our stuff because we were changing hotels. The price in our hotel for our double twin room was the equivalent to getting a suite in our new hotel – but don’t worry, we aren’t getting a suite! Most importantly we had to be on time to leave to the Great Wall of China. In the end nit was Melody who has running late, so Dad and I quickly had some breakfast. When they arrived I was so happy to see them as I greeted them warmly. We got everything into the car and we were ready for the journey ahead. It was Melody’s first time driving out of Beijing. I played around with Michael for a while then fell asleep for the rest of the drive. When he got there I was rather happy, feeling refreshed and energetic after my little nap. We went to eat some real authentic noodles and some seriously good meat. The smells were delicious. I learnt to eat noodles the Chinese way. Leaving the eatery, we stumbled across a Mao memorial, with many trinkets standing at his effigy, there were even some objects that belonged to him personally, as well as some family pictures. I could tell that his family were materially secure for a long time to come.

No comments: