Monday, July 21, 2008

Heavy rain in Xian




Wandering in the train station of Xian

Today like every morning I have trouble getting up. I finally get up but today it’s different, even after a good shower I don’t feel awake; maybe it’s because of this hard rain that’s pouring on Xian. So at breakfast I hardly eat anything and risk falling asleep on my plate. Dad gives me good news: mom has answered my text. So then I wake up a little more and run to the Internet café because the Internet in our room doesn’t work. Mom gives me compliments and some advice, so I’m happy. But dad isn’t because instead of doing 10 minutes I did 23 minutes and that had cost an extra 13 Yuan. Since we’re ready, we go down to meet a man, Liu Jia and the Yang Dong, who tells me that my friend is in the car. I’m happy and I go join him. We say hi and, sheltered from the rain, we each do a soccer match on the PPS. Moments later, the rest of the troupe arrives, so we stop and squeeze together to let everyone in. Direction: train station. We go towards the ticket office and see that there is a long line. So dad and the assistant line up while my friend and I stay outside in the rain. Right there, in front of the station a tiny baby is in his mother’s arms and observes. I begin to play with him and I observe what the mother does. I understand that in China, the relationship that parents have with their child is very important due to the one-child law that forbids having more than one child. The baby and his mother leave and at that moment dad arrives and we go eat: we pass in front of a couple of fast food places where dad refuses to go to. We finally go into a small self-service restaurant where the waitresses come and propose various dishes and you choose what you want, but actually it really wasn’t good and dad even told me that in all of China it was the worst place he ever ate at. At that moment the telephone rings and Liu Jia tells us she bought 4 tickets.

No comments: