Friday, July 25, 2008

Further on the road


We take the car and since night begins to fall, we decide not to stop until we reach the place where we’re going to sleep. The entire way I play Snake to beat Yang Dong’s record, which I reach little by little. Since the driver is tired, we stop in a small town called Reshui where we have no trouble finding a hotel. We take a 4 person room for the 4 boys and a single room for Liu Jia. One night, for five people, costs us only 12 Euros. As always, I take too much and barely finish a quarter of my soup. We try to solve the cell phone problem: we can’t make nor receive calls. That worries me a lot because the person who informs us about trains and hotels won’t be able to call us. We go back to the hotel and bring the luggage to our room. In the room, there are 4 beds each as hard as the other, but at least we have a place to sleep! The driver settles down and turns on the television to watch a young singer sing children’s songs. Meanwhile, I write. Then everyone falls asleep and I continue to write so that you can read my texts. During the night, the hotel fill up with drunks and some of them try to break down the door. Luckily, they don’t manage to. When I finish, I go to bed and wait, impatiently, for morning to come.

No comments: