Thursday, July 31, 2008

Always more companions



Organization


In the meantime, he talks with a driver in Ouigour and writes down the driver’s name and phone number. After ten minutes, Liu Jia calls us to say that she found us a hotel. We find ourselves in a room on the 9th floor with a very nice view. Liu Jia comes in our room to organize the rest of the trip. In the end, we decide to take a train from Hami to Xi’an and then a plane to Hohhot. Then we’ll take a train to Xilinhöt where our friend Ayin, who is photographing nomads in Mongolia, will pick us up. Then, dad and Liu Jia go buy the authorizations for the eclipse and I finish my text. When I’m finished writing and they still haven’t returned, I watch the basketball match between Argentina and Serbia. My cousin Roshanak calls me from Paris in the meantime to tell me that they had received the packages we sent from Xi’an and asks about the rest of our trip, which I explain. When the match ends, dad arrives and tells me that the authorizations for all of us are too expensive. So instead of paying 300 Yuan per person, with the help of the driver he met in front of the station, dad rented a mini bus for 300 Yuan to go to another location to watch the eclipse. Since I’m hungry, with dad we go eat soup in front of the hotel and we go in an Internet café to send the text and do the research I want to do. Then, I go back to the room to go to bed since tomorrow we have a day filled with sensations.

No comments: