Saturday, August 2, 2008

Return to Xi'an

The world today

We arrive downstairs with Liu Jia but dad and Yang Dong stayed on the platform to take photos and film. After fifteen minutes, they come down and we head towards the exit. We arrive in front of the train station. There, it’s as though there’s a tsunami of taxi drivers that want to swallow us. Finally, we go into a taxi and for the first time it’s a woman driver. After five minutes we arrive in front of the hotel and dad asks the taxi driver to pick us up in the morning at 10:30 to take us to the airport. We check in for the night and ask if there’s Internet. As an answer, they give us a small box that contains connecting wires. We go to the room and I ask dad if I can go online. He says yes. A half hour later he decides to go downstairs to take pictures and asks me to go to bed. But before going to bed, I check to see who is connected to MSN and there I see my cousin Tchekad who is a year older than me. I’m glad to be talking to him because on top of being my cousin, he’s also one of my best friends. I chat, and chat, and am still chatting with him when dad comes back and since he sees me still in front of Internet, he’s not happy and asks me to turn it off. Since I have to, I say goodbye to Tchekad and go to bed.

No comments: